16.1.09

Hong Kong - Day out at school

Mich and Grace (www.commongroundhome.com) have invited me to the Lee Shau Kee School of Creativity where they are doing their Artist-In-Residence programme.

"Every morning we walk by the park before reaching the school."



Art class. I love how the students have their own mini studio space - own easel, own references, own sketches... and a very patient teacher, or teachers. And they are taught to do documentations!







Mich's sketches and paints..




Grace's sketches and paints..





View from high up there. Standing alone on the roof top with the sight of the graveyard didn't terrify me a bit. The wind was blowing in my face and i found this sense of peace inside me. Very surreal. And those random red trees among the tomb stones, they looked so cheery in the sun. For the very first time i gave the phrase "Rest In Peace" a little more thought.






There was a school excursion and the teachers were bringing the students to Osage! I couldn't have found this place on my own! It was tucked in some indutrial estate near Kwun Tong MTR station.

OSAGE - KWUN TONG
www.osagegallery.com
5/F, Kian Dai Industrial Building,
73-75 Hung To Road.
Kwun Tong, Kowloon.
T. (852) 27934817
E. info@osagegallery.com



No comments: