18.1.09

Hong Kong - Chungking Mansion

36-44 Nathan Road. Tsim Sha Tsui.

My initial plan was to find any hostel here upon arrival (that was before Kobe came into picture) in Hong Kong. And strangely on my last day, I arrive at this building cos Shaun & Eileen were putting up at the Imperial Hotel next door. I couldn't stop raving about the proximity until he said he hadn't watch Chungking Express and neither had he any idea what I was talking about. Suddenly I could hear my manager's voice nagging at me - about how messy the place is and how I'm in my own world blah blah blah... haha. ok I'll leave this place alone. But before that, I've already taken countless pictures of myself with people rushing by like there's no tomorrow.





Imperial Hotel lobby.
I was too excited and too early.




Breakfast with Eileen.
I couldn't keep my eyes off her. It's not just her flawless face. I think I'm particularly drawn to her (since the day Shaun showed me a picture of her on flickr) for no specific reason. Perhaps, it's her composure.





2 comments:

Xinying said...

ha, i stayed in imperial too, q cheap for that area. n everytime i walk past chungking the indians n africans will keep trying to talk to me! so in the end u stayed in imperial?

accidental traveller said...

hhahaa you always attract!!! nah in the end i stayed at causeway bay. haha let's go hong kong!!