5.8.09

Canon City - Royal Gorge

4218 County Road 3A
Cañon City, CO 81215
www.royalgorgebridge.com









According to the website, this is the highest suspension bridge in the world, with the scariest Skycoaster ride.

Height above the Arkansas River: 1,200 ft
Speed: riders reach speeds of up to 80km/h.

A week ago, U.Don asked me in an email if I'm afraid of heights and I thought that was for flying. Turned out that, they were sending me into the sky in a much crazier way than I had imagined. The tagline on the ticket read: "Goodbye Earth, Hello Sky". WOAH!! I freaked out! I said NOOOOOooooooo way!

Well, looking back now, I'm REALLY glad that A.Patsy prompted me again on our way out (A BIG THANK YOU). Yes, we did it, OUR very own adrenaline rushing adventure! I can finally put sight & sound to the word "breathtaking" - an experience with a view that was enough to last a lifetime. Spectacular!!!

2 comments:

cheri joan said...

Oh...My...God...
I almost freaked out just watching this and at the back of my mind, I here a little voice in a pair of boots saying
"I can fly! I can fly!"
Well done Linzy Queen, I would have passed out in mid flight!

cheri joan said...

Oops! Typo...Hear!