6.2.09

Melaka - Revisited

Remember, remember, the heart of Melaka... it has been 4 years since i set foot here. I remember drinking to my heart's content at the Geographer Cafe, it was such a lazy afternoon. I remember the beer & cigars at Harper's. I remember watching monitor lizards fighting along the river. Gone were those days.

I can't say I like the new image of Melaka - a step to becoming city-like with commercialized river cruises and fancy lightbox signages. Perhaps along the way of re-branding itself, it has lost its old charm.

I tried to walk with my eyes half shut and remember the quaint old character that i once fell in love with.


GEOGRAPHER CAFE
No.83, Jalan Hang Jebat 75200 Melaka
www.geographer.com.my





HARPER'S CAFE
2 & 4, Lorong Hang Jebat 75200 Melaka



No comments: